Current Employment Opportunities
Please find below a list of open positions at the Hylton Performing Arts Center. To view the position details and/or apply to an open position, click on the position title and it will take you to the appropriate page on jobs.gmu.edu.
- Digital Programming Producer
- Membership Coordinator, Performing Arts Centers
- Assistant Master Electrician
- General Stagehand (PT)
Requires a basic understanding of technical theater and working with artists. Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed and must be attentive, able to follow instructions and a team player. Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry up to 30 lbs for short distances. For more information and to apply please contact Chris Burrell at email@example.com
- Artist Services Assistant
Works directly with visiting artists managing catering, hospitality, education & outreach activities, managing day of show logistics, pick up catering orders, coordinating with other departments to ensure artists needs are met and have a seamless experience. Must be available nights and weekends. For more information and to apply please contact Diane Burrell firstname.lastname@example.org.
For available part-time Ticket Office positions, please contact email@example.com
For available part-time Usher positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring and Summer 2023 Marketing Internships
The College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) at George Mason University seeks qualified marketing and communications interns for the Spring and Summer 2023. This position will work with the CVPA, Center for the Arts and Hylton Performing Arts Center marketing staff to promote performances, events, and programs.
Internships may have various areas of focus including:
- General marketing support including reviewing and editing patron-focused communications and website content;
- General publicity support including compiling earned media coverage, updating press contacts, and entering events into external calendars;
- Multimedia (videography/photography) collection support;
- Grassroots outreach;
- Email Marketing editing.
12-15 hours/week minimum preferred. Scheduling is flexible. Internships are unpaid.
- Ability to independently manage time-sensitive projects;
- Strong writing, editing/proofreading skills;
- Familiarity with MS Office applications (Mac experience is a plus).
For full consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to Kirstin Franko by December 1, 2022 for the spring internship and by March 1, 2023 for the summer internship.