For the safety, convenience, and benefit of all audience members, performers, and staff, we ask that patrons please observe the following rules and regulations:
- You must be 21 years or older and provide a valid ID to purchase alcohol.
- Please do not leave personal possessions unattended.
Upon entering the theater
- All patrons must have a valid ticket regardless of age.
- Lap seats, if offered, are for ages 2 years and under. Baby carriers may be placed on seats if you have purchased a ticket for that seat. Carriers must not block the view of other patrons or impede egress in the aisle.
- Patrons must sit in their assigned seat. If you need to move your seat, ask an usher for assistance.
- Patrons arriving after the start of a performance will be seated at an appropriate break in an appropriate location as determined by house management and as dictated by artists’ requirements.
While inside the theater
- No photography or video recording.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the theaters, with the exception of bottled water or our venue Tumblers, which can be purchased at the Ticket Office.
- In accordance with venue safety and fire code, all aisles must remain clear of objects at all times. Patrons must sit in a physical seat, and may not stand or sit on an aisle.
- Disturbing fellow patrons by loud conversation, phones, visual and auditory distractions, or otherwise inappropriate behavior is not permitted and may result in removal from the event without a refund.
- All railings in the theaters must remain clear of personal items at all times.
- The following items are prohibited from our theaters:
- The use of Tobacco or vaping products
- Flames of any kind
- Fire arms
- Animals, unless they are an ADA service animal. ADA service animals must remain leashed while on property.
- Violation of House Rules or University Regulations may result in prosecution and/or removal from the event without a refund.
Learn about accessible options when visiting the Hylton Performing Arts Center.
Please call the Ticket Office at 703-993-7700 if you have lost your tickets.
Friendly house ushers are stationed throughout the theater prior to each performance to help guide you to your seats.
Please allow plenty of travel time to reach the venue. As a courtesy to the artists and our patrons, the Hylton Performing Arts Center strives to start all performances on time. Patrons arriving after the start of a performance will be seated at an appropriate break and in an appropriate location, as determined by house management, and according to artists’ requirements.
All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Children and youth through Grade 12 may join a ticket holder for any Hylton Presents event at half of the regular price. There are many events identified as “Family Friendly Events” which we deem as most suitable for families with younger children to enjoy together. In an effort to ensure an exceptional experience for all of our patrons, we recommend that children attending events other than “Family Friendly” be at least six years of age.
The Lost and Found is located with the Front of House staff. Hylton Center patrons can also call 703-993-7700. Lost wallets and cell phones that are found are kept in the Hylton Center safe.
The Hylton Center makes every effort to present scheduled performances even in the event of inclement weather. However, there are times when extraordinary weather conditions cause an event to be canceled or rescheduled. Please call the Ticket Office at 703-993-7700 or check the website homepage for performance updates. If an event is canceled or rescheduled, you will be contacted by phone or email to notify you of your options regarding exchanges or refunds. Please contact the Ticket Office if your phone number and/or email address have changed.
The Hylton Center Performing Arts Center provides access for patrons with disabilities. The following accommodations are available at performances for your convenience: Assisted Listening Devices, Large print programs, and Transfer Wheelchairs. If there is a need for open captioning, ASL Interpretation, or Braille programs, please let the box office know 2 weeks ahead of time. Patrons with accommodation needs should call the Hylton Center Ticket Office at 703-993-7700 for information on accessible parking and seating areas. More information about accessible options at the Hylton Center