Volunteer at the Hylton Center!
Volunteers are a crucial part of the operation of the Hylton Center. Whether ushering at one or more of our many performances and events or representing the Hylton Center at community events, our volunteers play an integral role in the success of the Hylton Center. Our volunteers are a diverse and fun group to work with and enjoy sharing their time and talents with us.Who can volunteer?
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older. Juniors and seniors in high school are also encouraged to apply and are accepted on a limited basis after an interview.
- Volunteers should be friendly, energetic and outgoing.
- Volunteers should be willing to commit to at least 8 months of service.
- Volunteers should be enthusiastic about promoting the Hylton Center and its performances.
- Volunteer ushers work alongside the rest of the Front of House staff to ensure that Hylton Center patrons have a safe and enjoyable experience while attending performances and events.
- Community Outreach volunteers represent the Hylton Center at a variety of community events, staffing tables and passing out literature at events across the region.
- Administrative Support volunteers help in the office on an as-needed basis. Duties range from helping with mailings, stamping brochures, sorting materials, and more.
How often am I required to work?Volunteer ushers sign up for performances they would like to work 3 times a year (August, January, April.) The number of performances volunteers are required to sign up for vary based on the needs of the sign-up period, but generally range from 6-8.
Community outreach and administrative support volunteers are scheduled a few weeks in advance. Depending upon the calendar of events and administrative projects, an email will be sent out periodically notifying volunteers of any upcoming opportunities.
How do I apply?
Download the volunteer application (PDF).
The application is in a writable format. You may submit it in one of 3 ways.
- Email the file: As an attachment to Marit Majeske at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail the completed application to: Hylton Performing Arts Center
- Fax the completed application to: 703-993-7707 (ATTN: Marit Majeske)
ATTN: Marit Majeske
10900 University Blvd., MS 5D2
Manassas, VA 20110
Thank you for you interest in volunteering at the Hylton Performing Arts Center. If you have any additional questions, please email our Front of House Manager, Marit Majeske (email@example.com). We look forward to working with you!